Berachain is a high-performance, EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, Layer 1 blockchain built on the Cosmos SDK. We're a young, world-class team of experts in computer science, type theory, economic game theory, risk management and enterprise development.
Berachain is a high-performance, EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, Layer 1 blockchain built on the Cosmos SDK. We're a young, world-class team of experts in computer science, type theory, economic game theory, risk management and enterprise development. Our team combines traditional experience in building and scaling teams at technology companies like Apple, Coinbase, IBM and Y-Combinator with crypto native experience from some of DeFi’s most impactful protocols. We're all highly passionate about Web3, Toybox and building infrastructure to bring decentralized finance to the masses. Our core engineering team is based in Toronto. Here at Berachain, you’ll be joining a world-class team of experienced founders, engineers and researchers passionate about designing sustainable economic and blockchain systems. We’re well funded by a group of leading digital asset investors, hedge funds, centralized exchange venture arms and strategic angels.
We are looking for self-starters and mission driven individuals to join us as we build the future of decentralized finance. The ideal candidate for this role takes initiative and ownership over their work, thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative in-person environment, and is capable of rapidly adapting to evolving needs as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps, infrastructure automation, or a similar role.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems networking, fault tolerance, etc.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code (IAC) tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI, or GitHub Actions.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, security best practices, and system monitoring tools.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Tendermint-based blockchain networks.
- Familiarity with the Cosmos SDK and other tools within the Cosmos ecosystem.
- Contributions to open-source blockchain projects or active participation in the blockchain community.
- Interest in the topics of proof-of-stake, consensus algorithms, decentralized exchanges, public-key cryptography, etc.
- You are passionate about blockchain, have used DeFi Apps and believe in the opportunity of decentralization and blockchains to change how the financial world works today.
- Designing, building, and maintaining the infrastructure that supports our EVM blockchain and applications.
- Collaborating with the validators to ensure great ease-of-use, high uptime, and high response time for node operations.
- Collaborating with the development team to create and implement a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline, ensuring smooth and efficient deployment of our applications.
- Automating infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and management using tools like Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
- Monitoring the performance, security, and availability of our systems, identifying and addressing issues proactively.
- Management and improvement of the on-call system
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to establish best practices and optimize development and deployment processes.
- Supporting the development and testing environments, ensuring that they are stable, scalable, and secure.
- Assisting in troubleshooting and resolving issues in development, testing, and production environments.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the DevOps and blockchain domains to ensure the continuous improvement of our infrastructure.