THORChain is a settlement layer that facilitates swaps between Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB Chain, Avalanche, Cosmos Hub, Dogecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin.
THORChain is secured by its native token, RUNE, which deterministically accrues value as more assets are deposited into the network.
Anyone can use THORChain to swap native assets between any supported chains or deposit their assets to earn yield from swaps.
As a Core Protocol Engineer on the Engineering team, you will have a chance to work across the full spectrum of our protocol architecture that is built using the Cosmos-SDK framework.
- Participating in and driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and implementation for new features with the Cosmos SDK.
- Writing reusable libraries and custom logic for blockchain state machines and ensuring solid test coverage.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Minimizing tech debt while strategically pushing for progress with new features.
- Help scale the team and create our engineering culture.
- Participation and leading coordination for one or more of the SDK’s architecture working groups.
- 2+ years working with Go in production.
- Proven self-starter with a track record of working independently.
- Able to meet deadlines deliverables.
- You enjoy learning and digging into open source code, committing on other projects
- You can organize yourself well, and can work in an agile manner.
- You enjoy a healthy balance between working autonomously and collaborating closely with peers through pairing sessions and architecture design meetings.
- You enjoy analyzing solutions and can participate in defining good architecture.
- Previous experience working remotely and/or leading teams is a plus.
- Previous experience maintaining open source software (particularly libraries and/or frameworks) is a plus.
- Previous experience working with the Cosmos SDK or related technologies, a plus.
- You are passionate about blockchain, have used DeFi dApps and believe in the opportunity of decentralization and blockchains to change how the financial world works today.
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands-on.
- You have an interest in working in a self-organizing environment and bring creativity to start your own initiatives.