Security Software Engineer
Veridise is seeking a skilled Security Software Engineer who will be responsible for performing security audits of smart contracts, blockchains, ZK circuits, and web3 applications. The applicant should have prior auditing experience in this space and should be very familiar with common vulnerabilities in smart contracts. Knowledge of cryptography and zero-knowledge proofs is a plus.
- Review unknown code for potential security vulnerabilities
- Write test scripts to provide concrete evidence of exploitability
- Understand complex financial systems, DeFi apps, blockchains, etc.
- Utilize a wide range of tooling, both from Veridise and open-source, to find security faults in code
- Collaborate with engineering teams to develop new tools to automate the auditing process
- Provide feedback and work with engineering teams to improve existing tooling
- Formalize relevant properties and deploy our verification tools to perform in- depth security audits
- Monitor relevant sources to stay up to date on new exploits/vulnerabilities as well as emerging technologies
- Aid in the process of reporting verified properties and uncovered vulnerabilities to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Able to evaluate unknown code and provide concrete feedback about code quality
- Experience with discovering vulnerabilities at design/system level
- Experience in software security and experience using analysis tools such as fuzzers, verifiers, static analysis tools, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Written and spoken communication skills in English for a professional environment
- Blockchain/cryptocurrency experience is a plus but not necessary
- Fintech background a plus
- Formal verification background is a plus