Flashbots is a research and development organization working on mitigating the negative externalities of Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) and avoiding the existential risks MEV could cause to stateful blockchains like Ethereum. Our primary focus is to enable a permissionless, transparent, and sustainable ecosystem for MEV, via a three-pronged approach:
- Illuminate: Bringing transparency to MEV activity.
- Democratize: Democratizing access to MEV revenue.
- Distribute: Enabling sustainable distribution of MEV revenue.
About the Role
Flashbots is on the hunt for a seasoned Backend Engineer to contribute to the development and optimization of our Builder. We’re seeking engineers who thrive in rapidly evolving environments, learn new technologies on the fly, and tackle complex problems with a builder mentality.
- Develop innovative solutions to optimize Builder performance, and enhance reliability and stability
- Iteratively perform tests and evaluate results of Builder experiments in a structured manner
- Actively participate in code reviews, debugging, and problem-solving to ensure high-quality software development
- Collaborate closely with the Product Management team to translate designs into documentation as well as technical requirements and specifications
- Evaluate, document, and educate others on design and implementation trade-offs for various solutions
- Stay apprised of the latest technical developments in blockchain and MEV
- Extensive experience with backend services, ideally using Go, or Rust
- Deep understanding of blockchain infrastructure, Ethereum Clients (Geth, Reth), networking, and distributed systems
- Possesses strong data literacy and a curiosity for exploring and analyzing both on and off-chain data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a remote environment
- A self-starter mindset with a deep sense of curiosity and innovation
- A competitive spirit with the ability to make critical decisions under pressure
- Deep familiarity with the Ethereum ecosystem and MEV supply chain
- Familiarity with Proposer-Builder-Separation (PBS) and Mev-Boost
- Experience working open-source
- Experience with blockchain-related algorithmic problems, or financial services, both traditional and decentralized (DeFi)
- Willing to contribute to core protocols Flashbots maintains such as MEV-Boost, Mev-Share, Suave, and other future offerings