About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer (Liquidity) to help develop ZeroHash trading platform. We are a high-performing team looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate. The right candidate for this role has a strong technical background with a very good understanding of trading domains and concepts, including RFQ, order book, liquidity pools, market connectivity and settlement operations.
As part of the liquidity engineering team, you will be doing hands-on development to build ZeroHash trading platform and market connectivity (over FIX, or REST protocols).
This role will interact with liquidity engineers as well as engineers from other domains, product managers and internal stakeholders. With your knowledge of finance you will champion the implementation of business features and products. You will mentor and share your knowledge with liquidity engineers. . If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure..
- Ability to independently lead full cycle integration projects by translating complex business requirements and processes to technical design
- Develop and manage APIs, services and products; understand and proven ability to explain complexity of API to stakeholders
- Ability to develop new product and solutions
- Ability to work on development of multiple projects at a time, identify risks, scope creep and ensuring development is completed according to priority
- Ability to lead and demonstrate best practices surrounding technology
- Shows initiative and proactively problem solves, improves processes and/or escalates risks
- Design and develop and implement new tools for documentation and client experience
- Create and maintain technical and business documents
- Drive multiple projects through to delivery removing obstacles as needed to ensure success.
- Develop architecture and design of large-scale distributed software services and solutions.
- Drive improvements to software engineering practices.
- Prioritize engineering investments to balance short- and long-term goals.
- Mentor and develop other engineers.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and apply to projects as appropriate.
- Promote collaboration across teams for code reuse and knowledge sharing.
- Proficient Golang experience, familiar with Go’s idiomatic approach and niches.
- Understanding of API concepts with proven ability to explain complexity of API to stakeholders
- Able to architect different communication designs, including gRPC, REST, FIX, streaming & message busses
- Understanding of trading concepts (order lifecycle / trade lifecycle)
- Experience and knowledge of best practices surrounding technology platforms
- Prior exposure to enterprise-sized organizations or fast-growth startups
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
- 10+ years of software design and development experience with backend services.
- 10+ years hands on experience in any Object-Oriented coding language such as Go, C++, C#, or Java.
- 3+ years architecting distributed systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in DevOps to maintain live services and\or application frameworks.
- Cloud and services experience, with AWSAzure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and interactive development processes.
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a servicebusiness.
- Experience building Order Management Systems
- Experience in Forex and/or Cryptos
- An understanding around financial services reconciliation tools.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of USD 1000
- WFH stipend of USD 500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include Stripe, MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.