Head Of Security
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a a Security leader to join a Scroll at a crucial point in our development. You will ensure that our software, cloud, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber threats. Develop security systems whilst analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling all cyber attacks in an efficient, effective manner.
The successful candidate will have strong IT skills and a deep understanding of cyber threats. Our platform is based on Open Source languages and frameworks, hosted on AWS. We looking for an ambitious problem solver that can lead and advise our Co-Founders well on how to improve the security of Scroll and our platform.
Scroll is building an open source, bytecode level compatible zkEVM layer 2 solution for Ethereum. Our mission is to scale Ethereum while maintaining our values of credible neutrality, open-ness, and execution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the co-founders to implement the best Security solutions to support the product roadmap and company vision.
- Direct and support our existing Security team of 2.
- Manage all Security Engineering functions including Infra, Protocol, zk.
- Design and implement meaningful and challenging OKRs that will drive success and foster a culture of high performance
- Manage team goals, project timelines, and delivery dates while ensuring proper allocation of resources and budgets within the team
Required skills and experience
- 7+ years of Security experience.
- 3+ years managing Senior Security Engineers.
- Experience leading an Security Engineering team in a start-up / fast paced environment.
- Proven leader who is able to inspire and manage multiple globally distributed teams.
- Assured Manager who can organise and track performance against OKRs for complex, globally distributed teams.
- Experience in Penetration and Testing, Security Incident Response and Vulnerability
- Scanning solutions
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture,
- Host-Based Forensics and Network Forensics.
- Knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one SIEM platform
- Cloud Security experience, ideally on AWS or GCP
- Able to define, track and manage team OKRs accordingly.
- You are directly aligned with our values of building within the community, openness, credible neutrality.
- You are able to work at pace with high expectations.
- You have interest in decentralized system and open source collaboration.
- Your are a resourceful self starter that understands how to research new topics.
- You are a collaborative person who can work well within a globally distributed team.
What We Offer
- A mission-led, collaborative culture.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and like-minded people who are contributing to the progression and scaling of Ethereum.
- Competitive salary package / generous paid time off / annual growth budget.
- Remote from any location with flexible hours.
- Home office set up / co-working membership allowance.
- Private healthcare in selected countries.