Flashbots is a research and development organization working on mitigating the negative externalities of Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) and avoiding the existential risks MEV could cause to stateful blockchains like Ethereum. Our primary focus is to enable a permissionless, transparent, and sustainable ecosystem for MEV, via a three-pronged approach:
- Illuminate: Bringing transparency to MEV activity.
- Democratize: Democratizing access to MEV revenue.
- Distribute: Enabling sustainable distribution of MEV revenue.
About the Role
Flashbots is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager! In this hands-on role, you will lead a talented engineering team to review designs, analyze technical trade-offs, and leverage a software development process that delivers core Flashbots products like MEV-Share and Suave. Your leadership style will foster a positive and motivating work environment so the team delivers their best work.
- Lead a team of engineers through the software development process
- Collaborate closely with the Product Management team to translate designs into documentation as well as technical requirements and specifications
- Evaluate, document, and educate others on design and implementation trade-offs
- Collaborate with product leadership to create roadmaps with clear project goals, deliverables, expectations, and timelines for teams
- Partner with our senior leadership team assisting with, but not limited to, high-level technical challenges, engineering initiatives, prioritization of work, organizational design, and company strategy
- Ensure the engineering team is able to deliver quality projects at a fast pace
- Provide career growth advice and performance feedback
- Focus on improving team processes such as sprint management, task tracking, and delivery accountability
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience shipping production-grade products, ideally using Go, Rust, or Typescript
- Advanced command of blockchain infrastructure and architectural designs
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, including the ability to motivate and mentor team members while upholding delivery cadence
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make critical decisions under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep familiarity with the Ethereum ecosystem and MEV supply chain
- Experience working across the Ethereum stack (clients like Geth or Reth, smart contract programming, etc)
- Contributed to open-source projects