About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our growing settlement technology teams. You’ll lead cross functional teams of engineers to help us scale the gateway to Finance 2.0. We are a high performing group of engineers and leaders looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate.
The right candidate for this position is a problem solver, an experienced software professional, an excellent communicator, a leader, and driven.
If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
- Attract and retain a high-performing engineering team with the highest tier of technical talent
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as platform, product, project management, compliance, legal, and finance
- Do effective prioritization between competing priorities
- Coach and mentor tech leads and engineers to grow their career
- Be an advocate and represent your team’s work to leadership and the wider company
- Prior experience managing a team with proven high quality of talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to intended audience
- Deeply technical with an architectural mindset, however you are also able to deep dive into technical details
- Even though your responsibilities will be primarily managerial, you should have strong engineering experience as you must be able to empathize with and understand the needs of your engineers and tech leads.
- Passionate about building a strong engineering culture
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience with Python and the SciPy stack
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business
- An understanding around financial services reconciliation tools
- Experience with digital assets
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa. Both as an organization and as individuals, we need to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.