San Francisco, CA, US
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Flexible working
- Health insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Daily stand up
- Coffee machine
- Casual dress
- Token equity
- Education benefits
- Tickets to live shows & filming
- Health care
To sum it up...
Who are we?
Audius helps provide a blockchain based alternative to SoundCloud to help artists publish and monetize their work, including derivative content, and distribute it directly to fans. The Audius protocol will live forever, owned and operated by a decentralized community of artists, developers, and listeners collaborating to defend the world’s music catalog.🔊🔊🔊
We recently raised a $5.5M Series A from some of the top VCs in the valley, including General Catalyst, Lightspeed, Kleiner Perkins, and Pantera.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking cryptographers and backend engineers to help design, build, and architect the Audius protocol. You are a collaborative, team player that enjoys working on small teams. You are open to experimenting to come up with novel innovative solution, have the tenacity and drive to solve problems, and don’t give up easily.
- Design, architect and build Audius protocol ⛓️
- Develop a set of services that allow the protocol to run third party services
- Help finish the product for public launch later this year
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of professional backend engineering experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience using
- Experience building distributed systems on platforms such as
- Great interpersonal and communication skills within a small team
- Experience working with a start-up
- Previous experience with Blockchain
- Interest in music 🎶
San Francisco, in northern California, is well known for being a tech haven. However, as one of the most visited cities in the world, it’s also a center of cultural and there’s a strong counter culture sensibility that’s always been an essential part of the city. San Francisco has one of the most prominent LGBT communities in the world, and is one of the most important in the history of LGBT rights and activism.
The economy of San Francisco is influenced by household tech companies such as Salesforce.com, Reddit, Dropbox, Airbnb, Yelp, Uber, Lyft, etc. The third quarter of 2017, saw $4.177 billion in funding for companies in San Francisco and the North Bay Area. An hour south of the city is “Silicon Valley” which homes Apple, Facebook, Google and Palantir.
Known for its year-round fog, iconic Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars and colorful Victorian houses. It’s also the home of the famous Alcatraz Island, site of the notorious former prisoner Al Capone.
Did you know...
- The average salary for a Software Engineer in San Francisco is $134,000
- San Francisco has 3% unemployment rate
Audius is a decentralized, community-owned, and artist-controlled music-sharing protocol. Audius provides a blockchain-based alternative to SoundCloud to help artists monetize their work and distribute it directly to fans. Audius launched it's public beta at the end of September and within the first week over 30,000 users listened to 13,000 tracks from artists that signed up to use Audius including Deadmau5, 3LAU, Brownies and Lemonade, Zeds Dead, with exclusive content from Rezz, Lido and others.