London, United Kingdom
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Health care
- Free gym membership
- Share options
To sum it up...
A data analytics platform targeted at the needs of the insurance market. It's sophisticated yet easy to use frontend empowers end users to configure reports with a range of generic and insurance specific analyses that are executed in real time, providing an immersive user experience.
QuanTemplate are looking for sharp full-stack developers with a passion for building complex web applications to continue to build out our data and analytics platform targeted at the needs of insurance professionals. We're using cutting-edge UX design combined with machine learning techniques to simplify data transformation and analytical workflows over increasingly large quantities of data.
You'll be a key part of the development team, working with other software engineers, UX designers and data scientists to enhance the QuanTemplate platform, you'll be working to:
- Make it smarter by improving its
- Ensure it scales out to ever increasing numbers of customers
- Make it faster and able to handle increasingly vast quantities of data
- Continually improve usability and responsiveness, making it the most intuitive and easy to use data platform in existence.
- Improve our development and deployment processes, creating a platform that is a joy to develop against.
Postgres, Presto, ORC
Ansible, GoCD, Jira, Git, IntelliJ, Selenium, Rollbar, Datadog
- At least 3 years full-¬time commercial experience of engineering software.
- Proficient at delivering complex backend systems in a structured typed language (
- Understanding and appreciation of software architecture and design principles.
- Practical experience with ‘cloud’ based architectures, e.g. AWS, AppEngine or similar.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
- Able to work within a team, working closely with other senior engineers to design and build solutions. Happy taking full technical ownership of delivered solutions.
- Able to work independently on tasks and maintain focus.
- Comfortable working in an intense, delivery focused environment.
- Computer Science BSc minimum from a good university
London is the capital of the United Kingdom, situated in the South East of the island. The world's largest financial centre, London is also often referred to the culture capital of the world. The city is well-known for its heritage, including Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, Kew Gardens, Westminster Abbey, and the historic settlement of Greenwich. London Underground is the oldest urban railway network in the world.
Technology workers in London earn 60pc more than the city average, with the figure even higher for foreign born workers, who earned 28pc more than their British counterparts in tech jobs. London can be considered as a center for professional relocation. Furthermore, there are over 100 of Europe's 500 largest companies' headquarters in London.
The city is famous for unpredictable weather. For instance, it could be cold, warm and rainy in one day and it’s often the topic of conversation across the city.
Did you know...
- 2.5M people, one third of Londoners, are foreign born
- 40% of Greater London is green space
Quantemplate's mission is to create the easiest and most intuitive, data integration and analytics platform in existence, and in doing so transform how the insurance industry utilises and gets value from the huge quantities of data that is coursing through the market. By providing tools that are self-service, and can be used by all business users within an organisation we are democratising the use of data, and making its use pervasive. We're a high-calibre but friendly team working out of a slick office in a co-working space in the heart of London's Old Street. If you're smart, determined, and want to help build a genuinely ground-breaking software platform, then come join us!